Thank you for a taking a moment out of your day to stop by our blog.
Who are we? We are a movement studio located in Buckley, WA that specializes in a functional mobility, strength, and conditioning approach to the body, mind, and soul through yoga, maximal effort conditioning workouts, educational workshops, and community events.
We place a really large emphasis on being a messenger of knowledge; sharing every ounce of science and research we know to be tried and true within our own bodies, practices, and overall lives. Our family of instructors come to you with diverse backgrounds and life experiences. Most of our instructors are working parents navigating the ups and downs of this incredible life. When we aren't working as parents, spouses, first responders, full-time corporate employees, hair stylists, etc., you can find us adventuring and soaking up all of life's blessings. We have big dreams and even bigger hearts, and love the community we are slowly growing.
What are we currently working on?
1. Physical Building: Our physical building is under going a face lift with all new windows and a fresh coat of paint, and we are happy to say it getting closer and closer to being finished. Opening Assemble before the building was all the way completed has been the most humble reminder that we are all a work in progress and we are making our best attempt at not getting lost in the unattainable aim for perfection and rather focusing on enjoying the process of improving.
2. Maximal Effort Conditioning (MEC) Workouts: Our Assault Fitness AirRunners arrived and we are very excited to add them into our Maximal Effort Conditioning (MEC) workouts. If you haven't tried one of these team based workouts yet, you definitely should. We love science, data, and sports. The combination of all three is exactly where our MEC approach stems. This advanced workout using Rogue Echo Bikes, Concept 2 SkiErgs, Rowers, Sandbags, etc. will push you past your current limits both physically and mentally. We incorporate strength based pulling movements into these workouts that we don't tend to get in our strength based yoga. The objective of the overall workout? Work as hard as your body can to help your team get to its goal as efficiently as possible. When your body starts to slow down and your watt output starts to decline, you do your best to increase your watt output to that previous rate but if you can't, you rest and encourage your teammates as they take over. When it is your turn again, you find a way to push harder than the time before. It's quite the viscous, but also rewarding cycle. The results? This style of workout can improve your body composition and cardiovascular system (heart rate recovery (HRR), resting blood pressure, VO2 max) while gaining some friends along the way. Click here more info on our classes and class schedule.
3. Mini Yoga Workshops: Every week we focus on the alignment and breakdown of a particular pose; providing every class with a mini workshop on how that pose should feel, look, and why it is even important. In our first few weeks of being open, we have covered: External Rotation in the Shoulders, Hip Alignment in Standing Postures, and Chaturanga Dandasana. After we have covered these in class, we put up a video the following week to both our YouTube Channel & IGTV (Instagram). You can check out our first two below.
4. YouTube Channel: Alongside our Mini Yoga Workshops, we are working on uploading a handful of yoga classes that are publicly available and free to watch ranging in duration from 10 min, 20 min, 30 min, to even 60 min classes. These free classes will be a taste of what you can expect in our in-person classes as well as our upcoming paid online library of classes. If any of this interests you, be sure to go subscribe here: https://youtube.com/channel/UC5gDoMUAqmyLcwnnPZ-mKbA.
5. Upcoming Events: Last but not least, we have a few events coming up we would love you to join!
Sat, Oct 31 | 9-11 AM PST - Yoga Alignment Workshop (In person & Online)
Sat, Nov 14 | 9-11 AM PST - Yoga Inversion Workshop
Fri, Dec 4 & Sat, Dec 5 - Assemble Grand Opening
Come help us celebrate the opening of our Buckley location! There will be classes, food, drinks, games, and prizes! :)